POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Worm's Hat... : Darker 2nd Hat Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Darker 2nd Hat
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 18 Sep 2003 18:47:30
Message: <3f6a3602@news.povray.org>
Now, the original texture was scaled down,
along with the deformation-map, and I
think its better. I've also made some color-
adjustments to the texture so that the
fabric is more pronounced.
The mesh for the hat is made of 16000
uv-mapped smooth-triangles which sums
to 4.7 MB. Parsing is around 20 seconds
or so, so animating it would be possible.
For really detailed close-ups, I might even
use a larger mesh...
Anyways, animating it physically correct
would be one thing, in a cartoon-like fashion
another. Actually simulating something
realistic with the hat is a no-no if I want to
(and thats what I intend to do) stick to
pure POV-Script (at least for this short).

Now, with this realistic hat, I'm thinking if
I should try to create a more realistic texture
(but no subsurface scattering) for the worm's
skin... I guess it depends on how much the
later scenery will be stylized, rather than
photorealistic. I do plan on making imagemaps
with my Digital Camera... Well, we'll see.
I guess though, in any case, that this is a warp
on the Hat.

Regards,
Tim

--